Join our Team!
Are you our next great employee?
The difference between Wild Birds Unlimited and other retailers goes far beyond what we sell. It's who we are. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed advice and superior customer service are the hallmarks of our staff.
We are seeking a Sales Associate with great retail and service skills. Working at your locally owned Wild Birds Unlimited store is an opportunity to support and educate our friendly customers about birds and nature.
Our Sales Associates work with other staff, including the owner, to bring to life the store’s mission – “We Bring People and Nature Together®…And We Do It With Excellence!” To that end, we provide training with regard to backyard bird feeding, bird watching and product knowledge.
- Previous retail experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry seed for our customers – a foundation of our service!
- Will consider both full-time and part-time applications that meet the needs of the business, but a flexible schedule and the ability to work weekends are required.
- Our goal is to provide quality products, service, expertise and a high-energy shopping experience. Help customers bring nature into their own backyards and lives.
The part-time position of Sales Associate reports to the franchise owner or manager. The primary responsibility of a Sales Associate is to provide a high-energy customer experience.
• Understands that the high-energy customer experience is the #1 priority.
• Completes each OWL module as part of the High Energy Training in order to deliver the WBU high-energy customer experience as the trusted local expert.
• Uses successful selling skills to satisfy the customer and complete the sale.
• Has read, understood and follows the Employee Handbook, including the WBU Ten TouchPoints training.
• Follows the best practices of the Person in Charge of the Customer experience.
• Wears the logo name badge and logo apparel while working on the sales floor.
• Has read and understood the Product Information Handbook and has successfully completed the Certified Birdfeeding Specialist Program.
• Understands and communicates the store’s merchandise and target products to the customer.
• Completes the changing of displays, signing and the restocking of merchandise as directed by management
• Demonstrates a positive, enthusiastic and professional demeanor.
• Attends store meetings as required.
• Completes any other duties as assigned.
• Adheres to all store policies and procedures regarding the ringing of all transactions, any administrative duties and scheduling.
• Completes accurate and legible paperwork.
• Maintains good housekeeping standards to help present a clean and well-presented store.
• Helps keep store and backroom clean & organized.
Come join our team!